Mommy Makeover Info
A woman wants to be beautiful and have a perfect body at all times, even after birth, when changes of body and skin condition are not encouraging. Special complex of plastic surgery is gaining popularity in the world today, designed for women after giving birth and having a name – Mommy makeover.
This is the simultaneous surgery, when in one stage corrected contours of the body and eliminated the problems in those areas that have been affected by the pregnancy. There are breasts, abdomen, back, hips and buttocks.
Interest to such an integrated approach is growing not only from women, but also from the standpoint of plastic surgeons.
Why is mommy makeover gaining popularity?
Today, many American and European aesthetic surgery clinics offer Mommy makeover for women to make a mummy as before birth.
The essence of this operation lies in the simultaneous conduction of abdominoplasty, mastopexy, liposuction of problem areas in the pelvic area, sides, hips, back, ie those areas that are usually lose their original beauty due to natural changes in the body of a pregnant woman.
Surgeons explain the growing interest in the mommy makeover, that significant progress in surgical techniques and innovative methods of plastic surgery, post-operative patient care options allow to perform complex simultaneous operations not only effective, but also safe.
The form is restored in several areas of the body, the scars can be done minimally visible, and the recovery period after the operation goes with minimal discomfort and fast enough for the patient.In patients, interest in mommy makeover is caused, first of all, by the ability to quickly restore prenatal body shapes, and sometimes improve them.
Experts say that the popularity of simultaneous operations after childbirth is due to the following features of modern society:
- The age of women, who give birth for the first time, is often 35-45 years;
- Increase in the number of multiple pregnancies;
- Tendency to increasing the number of births;
- High level of social activity of women aged 40-50;
- Slender appearance.
What a woman wants after giving birth
Patients wishing to obtain a perfect body after birth by a simultaneous operation usually expect the following corrective interventions:
- Change in the shape and volume of the breast, correction of mastoptosis;
- Abdominoplasty, the plication of the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall;
- Lipomatosis of the flank, thigh;
- Lipomatosis of the back;
- Correction of the shape of the buttocks;
- Correction of the scar after cesarean section, striae on the abdomen.
However, sometimes a woman performs only correction of the breasts, abdomen and thighs, postponing the rest to a later period.
It should be noted that just such a volume of surgical intervention (abdominoplasty, liposuction, mammoplasty) is recommended today by the clinics of aesthetic surgery as an integrated Mommy makeover approach .
Possible risks of Mommy makeover complex after childbirthUsually it is difficult to convince a patient who decided to completely change after the birth, according to the Mommy makeover principle, that for her health it is advisable not to rush into the global surgical interventions, but rather to adjust the figure in stages.
Experts say that in the postpartum period, the woman is not even afraid of the fact that after the simultaneous operation she is undergoing swelling of almost the entire body, a large number of all kinds of drainage and brightly manifested scars in the body. Patients want to have everything at once, here and now, regardless of the likely risks.
Nevertheless, it is desirable for a doctor to avoid such simultaneous operations that last more than 4.5 hours at a time. Perhaps, it should be explained in detail to the patient that such operations are very difficult and are conducted under general anesthesia.For a long time the body not only experiences the action of considerable doses of drugs and not only undergoes interventions in the form of deeply inserted arterial and venous catheters and other instruments.
For many hours, most vital functions are turned off and controlled by an anesthesiologist, and the body experiences severe trauma in the form of a multitude of incisions and various internal manipulations.
In this case, the body is significantly weakened after childbirth, and therefore the risks of various postoperative complications increase dramatically.
The patient should be offered a variant of body correction in stages. After six months or a year after breast augmentation or abdominoplasty, consult a surgeon for liposuction or correction of the hips and buttocks.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons encourages surgeons to pay special attention to patients after giving birth, who bring their best photos taken before pregnancy and wish to get the same result. Such attention should take into account the peculiar mental state of a woman in the early postpartum period, but at the same time, surgical interventions that could harm a patient’s health should be avoided.
Loose Skin After Pregnancy Solution!
There are a number of procedures that can be performed after pregnancy to address loose skin. They are often combined in what many call a “Mommy Makeover.” This typically can involve a Tummy Tuck as well as breast surgery such as a lift, reduction, or augmentation. Determining your individual goals with your surgeon can help you find which procedures are the best option for you.
A Mommy Makeover can remove a significant amount of excess abdominal skin particularly if there is not a great deal of adipose (fatty) tissue present (both under the skin and around the stomach). Many women who have stretch marks present beneath their umbilicus are able to have them removed in the process. Depending on the degree of ptosis (sagging), a mastopexy (breast lift) or augmentation is done concurrently to address the breast loose skin.
See a board certified plastic surgeon near you to discuss the procedure in detail. A mommy makeover will include excision of extra skin around your midsection, repair of the abdominal muscles to improve any bulge you may have, as well as lift your breasts and improve their fullness.
Sagging Skin after pregnancy
Saggy skin after pregnancy assuming it is in the abdominal area. A tummy tuck will take care if this problem. On addition, your abdominal, muscles are tightened up as well.
The tummy tuck component of the mommy makeover will address loose skin on the abdomen. The excess skin is removed, the muscle is tightened and stretch marks on the lower abdomen can be removed. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a full consultation and exam.
Find a surgeon you trust with experience who can show you many before and after photos. “Mommy makeover” refers to a combination of different cosmetic procedures that can be done at the same setting to counteract all of the changes that have occurred from pregnancy. The precise combination depends on the areas that were damaged and can vary from one patient to another.
Excess skin on the abdomen almost always requires a tummy tuck to correct. Loose sagging skin on the breasts may require an implant, a lift, or a combinationof both to fill out and trim the redundant skin. Other procedures are available for skin of the thighs and arms if they are an issue.
The best way to figure out which combination of procedures you would need to address your unique issues is to be evaluated by a Board certified plastic surgeon. Then you can get on your way to losing that saggy skin.
Mommy Makeover for Loose Skin.
A mommy makeover is designed to get rid of the extra skin that often occurs after pregnancy. The tummy tuck will remove the excess skin of the abdomen and the breast lift will get rid of extra skin of the breasts (sometimes, it can just be filled out with an implant). Choose your board-certified plastic surgeon, carefully. I’m sure you’ll be happy.
Mommy Makeover comprises a spectrum of procedures that lift and tighten the breast and abdomen, removing sagging skin.
Loose sagging skin in the breast may be treated with a breast lift, removing excess skin to tighten the breast. Implants may also achieve that result, and some do best with a combination of lifting and augmentation.
Loose sagging skin in the abdomen is best treated with tummy tuck – there’s no other therapy to address loose skin.
Mommy Makeover Surgery Information Guide:
- Top 50 Mommy Makeover Surgeons A “Mommy Makeover” can include anything that improves the abdomen and breasts. So liposuction, tummy tuck, breast implants, breast lift or breast reduction, may be included. I include hernia repairs at the same time as...read more
- Complications Of Mommy Plastic Surgery Package They include bleeding, infection,scarring, fluid collections,contour abnormalities, wound healing issues/tissue loss, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary emboli. Most problems are minor and resolve fairly quickly. Pulmonary emboli from deep vein thrombosis can be fatal and are...read more
- Swimming After Mommy Lift Cosmetic Surgery Swimming Should Be Avoided In The Immediate Post-Operative Period Following Mommy Makeover Surgery The Mommy Make-Over is an extensive operative procedure that is designed to reverse the changes associated with pregnancy. The procedure combines cosmetic...read more
- Hemosiderin Staining After Lipo Hemosiderin is a by-product of hemoglobin (found in red blood cells) that contains iron and can cause staining of the tissue after surgery. This is especially prevalent after lipo especially to the sides of the...read more
- Mommy Surgery And Labiaplasty A labia plasty can be done at the same time as a mommy makeover. The labia plasty can easily be done at the same time as a mommy makeover. It certainly has a bit of...read more
- Mommy Lift After Hysterectomy A mommy makeovers a combination of abdominal and breast surgery. They may be done any time after a woman has given birth and has recovered from her pregnancy. In our practice we have done many...read more
- Abdominoplasty And Breast Lift Cost The cost will vary but I would expect for a abdominoplasty and a breast lift that you should expect to pay between $10-12K give or take. Costs include surgeon, anaesthetic, and facility fees. Ask to see...read more
- Breast Implants And Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy And Breastfeeding The best timing hinges on both Personal considerations( financial, recruiting help for the recovery period, being educated on and emotionally prepared for the operation etc) and Medical considerations (you need to be at a stable...read more
- Mommy Makeover Surgery Time You can have a mommy makeover once you have recovered from your latest pregnancy and you are no longer breast feeding. You want to make sure that you body has stopped changing/adjusting before planning a...read more
- Best Time For Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy For most women it would be appropriate to have a tummy tuck at least 6 months after giving birth, and 9 months after would usually be fine. Other factors such as weight stability and desire...read more
- Tummy Surgery After Pregnancy Significant changes occur in a women’s body following pregnancy. Many of these changes are irreversible and require surgical intervention to correct. After pregnancy, women note changes in their breasts, abdomen, and fat accumulations in their...read more
- When Should I Get A Mommy Makeover? A mommy makeover, is a combination of procedures that includes recontouring of the abdomen and the breast. Like all aesthetic surgery, your best results will be achieved when you are at a stable weight. It...read more
- Mommy Makeover For Overweight There is not a certain weight that you need to obtain prior to having a mommy makeover. The main thing is to be at a stable weight that you are happy with. An abdominoplasty allows...read more
- Second Pregnancy After Tummy Tuck There have been no reports of unsuccessful pregnancy after tummy tuck. However, why chance it and why chance ruining a tummy tuck with a pregnancy? You should wait until after the second pregnancy to do your...read more
- Getting Pregnant After Mommy Makeover The vast majority of women who undergo mommy makeover surgery are done having children. Rarely, women who have undergone this procedure change their minds about additional pregnancies or accidently become pregnant. Under these circumstances, a...read more